How AAPM&R is Planning for Live Courses and Events in Light of COVID-19—Your Safety is Our Utmost Concern
AAPM&R understands that you may have questions regarding upcoming in-person events during this time. We want attendees to feel confident in attending and traveling to the Academy's educational courses. We also want to respect our physicians’ need to be healthy and available for their own patients and communities.
The Leadership Institute Business and Administration Program Courses (in partnership with the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University), originally scheduled for May 15-17, 2020 and July 24-26, 2020, have been rescheduled for April 23-25, 2021 and June 11-13, 2021.
These live courses have been rescheduled for 2021—new dates to follow.
- Navigating the Opioid Crisis; Perils, Pitfalls, and Practical Alternative Treatments Course
- Originally scheduled for May 1-2, 2020
- Interventional Spasticity Management Applications Course
- Originally scheduled for May 29, 2020
- Next Step Interventional Ultrasound: Hands-On PM&R Applications Course
- Originally scheduled for August 28-29, 2020
- Step One: Ultrasound Clinical Applications of the Extremities Course
- Originally scheduled for June 5-6, 2020
Now through December 31, 2020, AAPM&R will give a full refund to any individual who registered for a 2020 live course (including the Annual Assembly), but is unable to attend for any reason. A full refund will be issued to any registrant upon request, without any fees or penalties, no matter when they registered for the course. When possible, cancellations with advanced notice prior to the event would be appreciated to aid the Academy in planning accordingly.
Please note: For registrants who have begun a STEP Program, refunds may not be issued for live or online components already completed or in progress. STEP program registrants with questions about refunds may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (847) 737-6000.
Additional Resources and Information
Visit the CDC's 2019 Novel Coronavirus Information Hub for the most up-to-date information and background on the 2019 novel coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.