The AAPM&R Self-Assessment Examination for Residents (SAE-R) is administered annually to residents from more than 90 PM&R residency training programs, representing the United States (including Puerto Rico), Canada, the Philippines, and Kuwait.
The 150 multiple-choice-question exam is aligned with the ACGME PM&R milestones. The content outline can be accessed here.
Future Exam Dates:
- 2021: Tuesday, January 26 - Monday, February 1
- 2022: Tuesday, January 25 - Monday, January 31
- 2023: Tuesday, January 24 - Monday, January 30
SAE-R exams are administered online in partnership with Scantron/Castle, Inc. Click here to view the 2020 SAE-R Administration and Policy Manual that outlines the Scantron/Castle Internet-based testing portal and system requirement.
How to Read the Report
Click the links below to learn how to read your report.
Past SAE-R Score Reports
AAPM&R sends the current year’s score reports to residency program directors who participated in the SAE-R in April. Program directors are responsible for sharing individual resident score results. If you would like to purchase an Individual Resident Score Report or a Residency Program Score Report from a past SAE-R, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Please note the following:
- Individual Resident Score Reports and Residency Program Score Reports will be available in April of the year the exam was administered.
- AAPM&R cannot provide copies of SAE-R reports before 2005.
- Because of the confidential nature of residents' SAE-R scores, programs may only receive copies of their overall program reports—not individual residents.
Questions or Need Help?
If you have questions or need help, please review the Policies document below for further details or contact us with questions: