Ambassadors will serve a one-year term in their positions from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024. They play a critical role in increasing involvement within the resident community by:
- Working with their Residency Program Liaisons to share upcoming events and opportunities with your program’s residents, fellows in-training and rotating medical students
- Contributing to our Physiatrists-in-Training e-newsletter
- Presenting to their program and rotating medical students, giving them an overview of the Academy’s structure, resources and opportunities for residents to lead and volunteer with AAPM&R
- Participating onsite at the 2023 Annual Assembly November 15 – 19 in New Orleans, LA
- Collaborating with their program coordinators to add AAPM&R’s membership application to their residency program's orientation paperwork
- Assisting the PHiT Board in identifying new PM&R medical student interest groups
- Ensuring their program’s open fellowship positions are represented on the AAPM&R Job and Fellowship Board
PHiT Ambassador Nominations are currently closed.
Please reach out to your chief resident to participate in this opportunity. Once you have confirmed with your chief resident to represent your program, please submit the following information by April 30, 2023:
- Your residency program name
- Ambassador Name(s) and year in training (as of March 2023)
- Email address(es) of your program’s appointed PGY-1, PGY-2 or PGY-3 Ambassador(s).
Questions? Email PHiTLiaison@aapmr.org or call (847) 737-6000