Your Academy will continue to bring physiatrists together for BOLD discussions about the future and will be developing MORE opportunities for involvement. This includes:
- More community engagement to allow members to discuss best practices and how they will add value and adapt, including:
“What changes do we need to make to our practices?”
“What models work for helping us collectively achieve the vision?"
- More facilitation and support of specialty transformation conversations, including:
“How does training need to evolve?"
“How do we address workforce limitations?”
- More support to ensure physiatrists are known as the leaders and value-providers in key areas of health care.
- More leadership training and development.
- More resources and support dedicated to helping you demonstrate your value.
Practically speaking, you’ll see opportunities to get involved in think tanks, community discussions, leadership development programs, and much more. You’ll have the chance to participate and learn from the innovators and influencers throughout the specialty. As these opportunities arise, we hope you will commit to be an active part of this BOLD future.
Your Academy has made a bold commitment to the specialty by adopting the vision statement as its own organizational vision statement as well. By supporting this vision with updated statements for our organizational mission, core values, and goals, your Academy is working to support all physiatrists during the current period of intense healthcare changes. Member volunteers powering the Academy are already working to define the objectives and strategies to help us achieve the vision.
In addition to the above areas for exploration, AAPM&R is also aligning existing committee work with the new strategic plan. Updates from your peer-driven committees will be provided as they become available.
Learn About Our Five Practice Areas
We have started with five practice areas, based on input gathered through the Visioning PM&R BOLD initiative: Musculoskeletal Care, Rehabilitation Care Continuum, Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine, Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine and Pain Management and Spine Rehabilitation.