Pathway to the STEP Certificate
It is expected that it can take at least a year for a participant to complete this program depending on availability of registration spots for the program's live events and participant's completion of each program component. Because this is a structured program, all steps must be completed in the order listed above (Step 1 > Step 2 > Step 3) and the entry point must start with Step 1.
Please Note: Attending the Step 2 Interventional live course as a non-STEP participant will not enter you in the program. You will need to register for the complete STEP program and start at Step 1.
CME and MOC Credit
This STEP program offers more than 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™:
- Fundamentals Course offers 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Interventional Course offers 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Online Curriculum offers 21.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
This program also helps meet the following American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR) Maintenance of Certification (MOC®) requirements:
- MOC® Part II Self-Assessment - More than 30 credits through the live hands-on courses listed above
- MOC® Part IV Practice Improvement - Equivalent to completing one PI activity (no CME credit); meet this requirement forthe entire program by:
1. Completing all components of the STEP program (Steps 1-3)
2. Receiving your Certificate of Completion
3. Submitting your ultrasound scanning case log (which is part of Step 2) with a minimum of 25 cases
4. Complete a final STEP program evaluation