Savings for AAPM&R Members
- 10% discount off the list price for each of the AAPL modules below.
- 15% discounted package price and free, first year AAPL membership* with purchase of the bundled 5 Fundamentals of Physician Leadership modules.
- Discounted $99 AAPL membership* for the first year of AAPL membership. The membership fee in subsequent years will be at the published AAPL membership rates.
*This offer is not applicable to AAPM&R members who are already existing AAPL members.
Testimonials from Past Learners
"Great speaker with good examples and insight. His topics were able to reach issues and conflicts that I personally experience."
"Enjoyed the presentations online...could work at my own speed, rewind points I missed, pause to write notes or consider how my own circumstances apply to the teaching points."
"Provided in depth insight into the issues we are facing in health care and how to address and develop solutions."
"Awesome class, I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. The speaker is superb and the material is very applicable to my role as a physician!"
Visit AAPL to Access the Modules
PLEASE NOTE: Registration and purchasing of these modules are made through AAPL's learning portal. AAPL is the accredited CME provider of the modules. Contact AAPL for customer and technical support.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Communication
The course provides actionable advice on body language, communication formats (like email vs. text vs. phone call), the tone of voice and more.
- Interpret non-verbal cues and word use that can communicate intent.
- Determine personal communication style and personality type.
- Develop strategies for building relationships and working with others.
- Understand the 4 communication styles based on the DiSC psychometric assessment.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Finance
This course provides physician leaders a practical blueprint for financial fluency and more – reading statements, utilizing 4 types of accounting and measuring the financial health of an organization.
- Define and apply basic concepts of finance.
- Understand the 4 types of accounting.
- Analyze fiscal reports to evaluate organizational performance.
- Apply financial principles to make informed decisions.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Influence
This course provides an inside look at the types of questions leaders ask themselves, how they gain a broad perspective of complex situations and the tactics they use to create change quickly.
- Identify core values which guide leadership styles and decision-making.
- Discover current leadership level and potential personal impact.
- Explore processes for leading a team, tribe, and organization.
- Develop strategies to maximize the productivity of teams and individuals.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Negotiation
The course kicks off with a broad, 4-part negotiation structure – which can be applied to any situation – and then branches out into the specifics of negotiating, like setting boundaries, walking away from a discussion and more.
- The step-by-step structure to negotiate – anything.
- Analyze the 3 parameters that keep negotiators protected during a discussion.
- Understand exactly when to walk away from a negotiation.
- Develop strategies to create win/win situations for all parties.
Fundamentals of Physician Leadership: Quality
The course is structured to tell the story of how health care used to be, how it is today and how it could be tomorrow (depending on the industry’s commitment to quality).
- Assess the impact of financial and quality disruptors driving a consumer-centric health care system.
- Examine the elements of quality improvement theories and frameworks.
- Understand how the history of quality and safety have impacted current health reform.
- Identify the components needed to develop a culture of training.
Mastering Physician Engagement
Discover how to create stable relationships between physicians and the workplace. Use the strategies here to build physician trust, provide performance feedback and implement change. Explore key elements designed to promote higher levels of physician engagement and deliver effective solutions.
- Performance monitoring metrics
- Implementation of effective training and development programs
- Methods to evaluate and generate change
The goal isn't to eliminate conflict but to make conflict productive. Physician leaders and their organizations can experience meaningful growth through conflict. When it's not managed well, conflict becomes disruptive and can lead to many negative outcomes: errors, poor patient satisfaction, increased cost, higher turnover. Keep conflict in check with the insights offered in this course.
- Effective listening and feedback skills
- Awareness of conflict styles and how they interact
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Gain the knowledge and support skills needed to build a successful team in a health care organization. Understand not only the principles of change management but also learn to utilize techniques to build buy-in. See how successful leaders recruit, select and retain top clinicians through effective coaching and training. Explore the use of surveys, case studies, and role-playing to apply the skills learned.
- Increased commitment and motivation
- Performance management systems
- Change management